Triathlons Rock!

Sorry that it has been a few days sense I posted any thing, I was in Leadville for the Triathlon and the internet is a bit touch and go at my mom's house. It was an awesome race! It started out at the Rec center pool we did a 500 meter swim. There were four people to a lane so it got a little bit crazy. I was the first one out of my lane and running from the pool to my bike. As I stepped out of the pool door the cool mountain air hit me giving me a jolt of excitement. I quickly switched into my bike shoes and was off. The bike was on a beautiful course that headed down hill for at least the first 5 miles. Unfortunately, that ment that the last 5 miles was up hill. It went by fast though and before I knew it I was off on the run. A loop I know very well from high school cross country running. I was having flash backs the whole time especially when I hit the last up hill at the end of the race. I was able to finish hard and beat my time from last year by more than 3 minutes.

The race reminded me how much fun racing is, pushing your body and your mind passed were you think you can go. For the whole race I had nothing else to think about besides the next part of the race, how I was going to hit the next part of the course and what I could do to push my self harder. It was a blast!

Alright so any way if you took a recovery week last week, it is an intensity work out. So lets start out the week with a basic endurance work out.

20 - 30 min warm up
20 min basic endurance
10 min cool down

You can do this rollering, biking or running.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 - Soldier Hollow Race

Eat Your Wheaties!

3rd Week - Endurance Block