Week 5: Pinedale Race

When I close my eyes, I am still flashing on the race weekend and I am so jazzed for the rest of the season!  It was so fun to watch you all take the stage for the first races and start slaying some dragons!!  It was also incredible to hear you cheer on your team mates.

I would like to especially give a big shout out to our senior girls Rachel and Amy for embracing Toni on to their relay team!  What I beautiful team of girls!

I also would have to say my favorite quote of the weekend was "You know I love a good mustache" by Albert Steiner

I've been pondering our sexy mind talks and how would be the best way to do them.  It always seems that with our busy lives after practice, we get cut short and a lot of people have leave.  So for this season I have decided to do it on our blog!  Please don't hesitate to ask Brian and I questions.

So here it goes for this week I am going to leave it up to one of the fastest skiers in the world to lead our sexy mind conversation.

I remember having many conversations after everyones races this weekend about how they didn't "feel quite right yet."  So here is a blog post from Jessie Diggins about feeling exactly the same way!

http://jessiediggins.com/bet-on-yourself/



Last but not least here is our training for the week:

Monday:  Classic Skiing / 30 min. Warm up / 45 min. Body Position and Timing Drills / 10 min. Cool Down

Tuesday AM:  6:20 am at the 7220 / 20 min. run and plyos
Tuesday PM:  30 min. Run to the Park / Strength Circuit and Core / 30 min. Run back  *We will meet out on the Practice field and leave from there.

Wednesday:  Waxing / 20 min. Run and Games / Team Captain Lead

Thursday:  Leave for Pinedale at 11:30 am

Friday:  5k Skate Individual Starts/ 12:00 start time

Saturday:  5k Classic Individual Starts / 9:00 am start time







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 - Soldier Hollow Race

Eat Your Wheaties!

3rd Week - Endurance Block